Early Childhood Lead Teacher – Oakdale, Minnesota
Now, more than ever, our community needs us.
Northstar Early Learning Center and our team members are part of the bedrock of our community, playing an essential role in the development of young hearts and minds, and helping families get back to work during this critical time.
Are you ready for a career of heartfelt purpose? Join us today.
NORTHSTAR EARLY LEARNING CENTER:
Northstar Early Learning Center is a family-owned childcare center that partners with families in preparing children for lifelong success through rich educational experiences in a safe, nurturing environment. And, we seek to serve as a destination for professionals who are building a legacy in childcare. We serve families in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
LEAD TEACHER ROLE:
Our Teachers are a source of guidance, love, and learning to the classroom helping children to learn and grow.
Teachers inspire children to be lifelong learners through our evidence-based curriculum, meeting the social, physical and cognitive development of children between 6 months to 6 years old. Our Teachers create robust relationships with children, families, and team members to ensure our center is successful. They also pay attention to detail, ensuring that our experience is in accordance with all licensing regulations, policies, and procedures.
When you join our team as a Teacher you will:
- Implement the Northstar Early Learning Center curriculum, consistent with the needs of each child.
- Develop and ensure a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your center’s success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
- Genuine love for children, and desire for a career of purpose, making a difference in the life of children every single day
- Build warm, transparent relationships with families and coworkers to create a center atmosphere where play and learning happens.
- Meet the education requirements as outlined in the Registry or DHS for child care teacher qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ensuring that the needs and documentation for each child are appropriately managed
- Ability to communicate well with families providing open, honest, and transparent dialogue with families.
- Must possess active Child Development Associate (CDA) (or willing to obtain)
- CPR and First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
- Must meet any specific guidelines for the role set by the state (or willing to obtain)
- Must be physically able to use a computer, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors.
- Must be able to assume postures in low levels to keep eye-level visual contact with children
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
As a member of our team, you will have a rewarding and purposeful career, helping shape the future of our community’s children. Additionally, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and/or wages
- Discounted Childcare
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
Nearly 100 team members are part of the Northstar family of employees. If you are excited to build your legacy in childcare, apply now.