Center Director – Hudson, Wisconsin
Northstar Early Learning Center and our team members are part of the bedrock of our community, playing an essential role in the development of young hearts and minds, and helping families get back to work during this critical time.
Are you ready for a career of heartfelt purpose? Join us today.
NORTHSTAR EARLY LEARNING CENTER:
Northstar Early Learning Center is a family-owned childcare center that partners with families in preparing children for lifelong success through rich educational experiences in a safe, nurturing environment. And, we seek to serve as a destination for professionals who are building a legacy in childcare. We serve families in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
CENTER DIRECTOR ROLE:
If you’re excited to impact the lives of children in our community, and build a legacy in childcare, the Center Director role might be for you! The Center Director is responsible for running day to day operations, coaching and mentoring staff, assisting parents and children through their experience at the center, and ensuring that Little Minds Learning Center offers the premier child development experience that is educational and affordable.
As a Center Director you will:
- Supervise all daily operations, including: teachers, classrooms, scheduling, and breaks.
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners
- Serve in various roles throughout the center as needed including teacher, and/or cook
- Conduct daily center walks at the beginning of each day to greet parents, children, and employees, check in and answer any employee questions/concerns, check facility for cleanliness and any maintenance needs there may be;
- Conduct bi-weekly formal observations with a coaching plan for each classroom and teacher;
- Problem solve and address all issues as they arise within the center;
- Develop and maintain a relationship with licensing and always be 100% compliant with all licensing rules;
- Ensure the handbook, state, and federal laws are maintained through audits and observation of the center and classrooms;
- Leverage your business, sales and marketing savvy to grow Northstar Early Learning Center’s presence in the community, leading to the growth of new families and children in our centers.
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must have at least 2 years experience as a childcare teacher OR center director in a licensed child care center or other approved setting;
- Completed one of the following training requirements:
- An associate degree in early childhood education or child care from an institution of higher education OR;
- A bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from an institution of higher education or a license from the State department of public instruction to act as a kindergarten, pre-kindergarten, or early childhood (regular or special education) teacher.
- Have at least two years’ experience as a Lead Childcare Teacher OR two years’ experience as a center director in a licensed child care center or other approved setting.
As a member of our team, you will have a rewarding and purposeful career, helping shape the future of our community’s children. Additionally, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and/or wages
- Discounted Childcare
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
Nearly 100 team members are part of the Northstar family of employees. If you are excited to build your legacy in childcare, apply now.